Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Help please!

I'm new to using mail merge (Word 2002) and I'm attempting to send a
form letter that will combine multiple accounts that are attached to
identical addresses. If John Doe has 3 accounts with us, I'd like him
only to get one letter with all these accounts, even if he's listed 3
times on my excel spreadsheet. Is this possible or am I just going to
have to restructure the spreadsheet?

Thanks very much!
~Drolefille

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You are trying to perform a "multiple items per condition (=key field)"
mailmerge which Word does not really have the ability to do:

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm new to using mail merge (Word 2002) and I'm attempting to send a
form letter that will combine multiple accounts that are attached to
identical addresses. If John Doe has 3 accounts with us, I'd like him
only to get one letter with all these accounts, even if he's listed 3
times on my excel spreadsheet. Is this possible or am I just going to
have to restructure the spreadsheet?

Thanks very much!
~Drolefille

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Thanks a bunch. The instructions on the website seem a little out of
my league, but I have a few ideas for a work around on the spreadsheet
end of things.