Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
mwf05

Default Horizontal Line not printing after second page in mail merge

I have a letterhead with a blue horizontal line about one inch down on the
page. When I print the letters using mail merge, the horizontal line prints
fine on the first page. However, on the following pages the blue horizontal
(2.75pt) line just prints as a thin black line. I have adjusted the print
quality of the printer which had no effect.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

What happens if you execute the merge to a new document? and then print
that?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"mwf05" wrote in message
I have a letterhead with a blue horizontal line about one inch down on the
page. When I print the letters using mail merge, the horizontal line
prints
fine on the first page. However, on the following pages the blue
horizontal
(2.75pt) line just prints as a thin black line. I have adjusted the print
quality of the printer which had no effect.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Not sure this is relevant, but how did you create this line? Is it a
graphic, a paragraph border, or what?

Just a thought, but is it possible that you actually have two lines
superimposed in some way, one of which is repeated for each record in the
merge and the other of which (the blue one) is not?

Peter Jamieson

"mwf05" wrote in message
I have a letterhead with a blue horizontal line about one inch down on the
page. When I print the letters using mail merge, the horizontal line
prints
fine on the first page. However, on the following pages the blue
horizontal
(2.75pt) line just prints as a thin black line. I have adjusted the print
quality of the printer which had no effect.

30 page mail merge labels only prints one page? Kuda Mailmerge 1 February 9th 06 05:08 AM
Printing Mail merge DSUK Mailmerge 1 January 12th 06 12:57 PM
How do I print 1 page of a mail merge? Elleen Mailmerge 1 December 28th 05 03:14 PM
first line on new page same alignment and tabs as last line on previous page problem Keith G Hicks Microsoft Word Help 5 September 28th 05 07:37 AM
How do I print 1st page letterhead 2nd plain in Word mail merge Todd Mailmerge 1 December 23rd 04 12:39 AM