Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Gerald Priddle

Default Word Tables -- the shortcut that selects the whole Table

In earlier earlier versions of MS Word, you could select a whole table by
holding down the ctrl-alt simultaneously and double-clicking your mouse while
pointing it over the tabe. I use this shortcut a lot and find it very
useful. Unfortunately, I'm seeing new versions of Word in which doing that
same shortcut brings up a research pane--looks like some option to look
things up in Encarta. Does anyone know if it's possible to get that shortcut
back. I really don't need Encarta.
--
Gerald Priddle
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Helmut Weber

Hi Gerald,

i'm using alt num 5, which requires numlock to be off.

Not a problem, maybe just for me, as I got the impression,
I am typing faster with numlock off anyway,

--
Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Win XP, Office 2003
"red.sys" & Chr$(64) & "t-online.de"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Gerald Priddle

Helmut--

I tried this. it does work. Unfortunately, I do use the number pad a lot
in my work. But you're advice prompted me to look in the Tools-Customize
Menu and change the assigned shortcut key to something more comfortable to
me. Some limitations in changing shortcuts--you can't incorporate mouse
clicks, which I'm used to under the old shortcut, and you can't use the up or
down arrows in assigning a shortcut--but I think I got something that works.
Thanks for the tip.
--
Gerald Priddle