Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Amiee K.

Default have address list in Word doc, need to create a database for merge

I have a list of vendors with addresses in a regular Word document. I need
to use this list as my database for a mailmerge into a letter. Is there any
way to edit and save this document as my datasource or do I have to create a
new database document? I am using Word 2003. I am familiar with Mail
Merges and can do them when the database is an Excel document. Trying to
convert the regular Word document has me stumped. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

A regular Word document can be used as a data source. The different
elements of the name and address should be in the cells of a table and the
name of each field should be in the first row of the table.

See the article "Creating a Mail Merge Data Source" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm

and, if necessary

See "Convert Labels into Mail Merge Data File" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm

--
Hope this helps.