Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nicci

Default Problem with Mailmerge in Word 2003

We have just converted to Office 2003. I have created a mail merge in Word
in Office 2000 pointing to a Query in Access, and once we converted it still
works fine. My problem is that I need to direct the merge to another query
in access and every time I try to select a different data list, and point to
the Access Database it ask me what table I want, there is no option for a
query and then when I pick a table it shows the select a table screen again,
I choose the same table and then it says €śWord was unable to open the data
source€ť, only option is OK.

Please help the database is very important to our company. We do a large
value of merges to letters, labels ect.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then check the box against
"Confirm conversions at open". Then when you attempt to select the data
source, try the different connection methods that are offered. One of them
should work.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Nicci" wrote in message
We have just converted to Office 2003. I have created a mail merge in
Word
in Office 2000 pointing to a Query in Access, and once we converted it
still
works fine. My problem is that I need to direct the merge to another
query
in access and every time I try to select a different data list, and point
the Access Database it ask me what table I want, there is no option for a
query and then when I pick a table it shows the select a table screen
again,
I choose the same table and then it says "Word was unable to open the data
source", only option is OK.