Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
AhmetDY

Default Copying excel table.

I have a problem when I copy a table from excel to word. If I use paste
appending table option, I lost the formating of cells. If I use paste table
option, size of the table cells does not fit the existing table in the word
and page size. In addition is there a method to publish a excel datasheet as
word without copying to word program.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QWhtZXREWQ==?=,

I have a problem when I copy a table from excel to word. If I use paste
appending table option, I lost the formating of cells. If I use paste table
option, size of the table cells does not fit the existing table in the word
and page size. In addition is there a method to publish a excel datasheet as
word without copying to word program.

What kind of formatting is being lost? (Note: I'm not sure there's much to be
done, but without knowing the details...) And which version of Office is this?

No, Excel doesn't have any built-in way to "publish" to Word. You'd need to use
a macro. There are some basic instructions on automating Word from within Excel
(or the other way around) on the word.mvps.org site.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
AhmetDY

Pattern color of the cells with normal or conditional formatting. Office 2003

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?QWhtZXREWQ==?=,

I have a problem when I copy a table from excel to word. If I use paste
appending table option, I lost the formating of cells. If I use paste table
option, size of the table cells does not fit the existing table in the word
and page size. In addition is there a method to publish a excel datasheet as
word without copying to word program.

What kind of formatting is being lost? (Note: I'm not sure there's much to be
done, but without knowing the details...) And which version of Office is this?

No, Excel doesn't have any built-in way to "publish" to Word. You'd need to use
a macro. There are some basic instructions on automating Word from within Excel
(or the other way around) on the word.mvps.org site.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QWhtZXREWQ==?=,

Pattern color of the cells with normal or conditional formatting. Office 2003

OK. Well, the reasoning behind the formatting loss when appending the table is clear
enough: if you append to an existing table, the formatting already existant in Word
overrides what you're pasting in. And since Word doesn't know anything about Excel's
conditional formatting, it's not surprising that would be lost.

You could try Edit/Paste Special and see if that yields a more useful result, but I
doubt it.

Given that trying to align columns in Word can be quite "finicky", it might be
fastest to copy the table already in Word to Excel, then copy the Excel cells under
that, and afterwards copy/paste the whole thing back to Word.

As to your second question, there's no option to "publish" Excel sheets to Word. You
can bring them in using a LINK field (then remove the link) or with a DATABASE
field. The former would retain the conditional formatting, but wouldn't solve the
question about the columns widths.

Other than that, your only recourse is probably a macro that would set the column
sizes for both tables.

I have a problem when I copy a table from excel to word. If I use paste
appending table option, I lost the formating of cells. If I use paste table
option, size of the table cells does not fit the existing table in the word
and page size. In addition is there a method to publish a excel datasheet as
word without copying to word program.

What kind of formatting is being lost? (Note: I'm not sure there's much to be
done, but without knowing the details...) And which version of Office is this?

No, Excel doesn't have any built-in way to "publish" to Word. You'd need to use
a macro. There are some basic instructions on automating Word from within Excel
(or the other way around) on the word.mvps.org site.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)