Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Amy Blankenship

Default Mail merge ate my stored queries

I ran a mail merge from my Access database, and the next time I opened the
database the only query still stored there was the one that was used for the
mail merge. I was initially pleased with the seamless integration, but this
sucks! luckily I had a backup, but if anyone can say how to prevent this in
the future, I'm all ears!

Thanks;

Amy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Just how did you run the mail merge?

Using the user interface, I would be extremely surprised if anything like
you suggest would happen.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Amy Blankenship" wrote in message
I ran a mail merge from my Access database, and the next time I opened the
database the only query still stored there was the one that was used for
the mail merge. I was initially pleased with the seamless integration, but
this sucks! luckily I had a backup, but if anyone can say how to prevent
this in the future, I'm all ears!

Thanks;

Amy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Amy Blankenship

I went though the wizard from Access. Then Outlook wasn't my default
client, so I changed that and reopened the merge document in Word and
resent. I'm not sure which of these merges caused the problem.

Believe me, I was extremely surprised, too!

Just how did you run the mail merge?

Using the user interface, I would be extremely surprised if anything like
you suggest would happen.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Amy Blankenship" wrote in message
I ran a mail merge from my Access database, and the next time I opened the
database the only query still stored there was the one that was used for
the mail merge. I was initially pleased with the seamless integration,
but this sucks! luckily I had a backup, but if anyone can say how to
prevent this in the future, I'm all ears!

Thanks;

Amy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

When you say "stored queries", do you mean queries that you had saved in
Access? Or were they queries that you had defined, but not saved. If the
latter, I can imagine that when you interrupted the process, you may have
exited from Access and so the "not saved" queries may have been lost. I
cannot imagine any saved queries being lost however by this process.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Amy Blankenship

When you say "stored queries", do you mean queries that you had saved in
Access? Or were they queries that you had defined, but not saved. If the
latter, I can imagine that when you interrupted the process, you may have
exited from Access and so the "not saved" queries may have been lost. I
cannot imagine any saved queries being lost however by this process.

They were stored in there, for use with the web page I was sending out the
e.mail for. I couldn't imagine it either, which is why I posted this
question. I even checked to see if somehow they'd become hidden objects,
but I always have my system set up to show hidden objects.

I'm guessing you've already provided the extent of the help that's available

Thanks anyway;

Amy