Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
triplespiral

Default Mail Merge Subdocuments?

Is it possible to put several mail merge documents into one main document?

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

It depends what you are trying to do. If adding the documents to the end of
the first so that you have one large document works for you, then yes,
otherwise no. You can however merge the same data into any number of merge
documents separately.

If you mean merge multiple data files into one document, then no.

triplespiral wrote:
Is it possible to put several mail merge documents into one main
document?

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
triplespiral

Sorry - let me clarify.

I am working on a database for some co-workers who have little computer
experience. There are 4 different mail merge letters (merging from same DB,
different queries) that need to be run each week - I was hoping that instead
of clicking 4 buttons, I could make it even easier and click one that would
run all four (through a master document) but I'm guessing because they are
all mail merge it makes it far more complicated. I put it together but it
seems to only pull the first merge record and that's it.

no worries - i was just being hopeful.

triplespiral wrote:
Is it possible to put several mail merge documents into one main
document?

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?dHJpcGxlc3BpcmFs?=,

I am working on a database for some co-workers who have little computer
experience. There are 4 different mail merge letters (merging from same DB,
different queries) that need to be run each week - I was hoping that instead
of clicking 4 buttons, I could make it even easier and click one that would
run all four (through a master document) but I'm guessing because they are
all mail merge it makes it far more complicated. I put it together but it
seems to only pull the first merge record and that's it.

Nope, mail merge can't do this.

If all the query records match up, right down the line, you could possibly
create ONE query that unites them, so that all the fields are available in the
one data source. Then you could use Insert/File to make one mail merge
document, link to that query, and away you go.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)