Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bible TM/Literacy Tutor

Default How do I print a list of files/contents of diskette?

I have many Word documents on diskettes. I need a document summary list for
each diskette telling me the disk contents and when they were last modified.
This is a files management function that was possible with earlier versions
of Microsoft Word.
Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

AFAIK, this feature has never been available in Word (though perhaps in
WordPerfect). But see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/PrintDocList.htm and
the Printfolders utility at http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm

"Bible TM/Literacy Tutor" Bible TM/Literacy
wrote in message
I have many Word documents on diskettes. I need a document summary list

for
each diskette telling me the disk contents and when they were last

modified.
This is a files management function that was possible with earlier

versions
of Microsoft Word.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier

There is a Cataloger utility that you might find helpful. See
http://www.mousetrax.com/Downloads.html I particularly like the File
Cataloger, but have also used the Directory Cataloger. They each will
create a Word document with hyperlinks to your files so you can use it
as an on-line Table of Contents as well as printing it out.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies and
questions to the newsgroup so that others can learn as well.

wrote in message
I have many Word documents on diskettes. I need a document summary
list for
each diskette telling me the disk contents and when they were last
modified.
This is a files management function that was possible with earlier
versions
of Microsoft Word.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

In addition to the information others have provided - never ever read from,
write to, or print from floppy with Word. These are the most certain methods
of ensuring document corruption.

Copy to the hard disc and work on the document from there.