Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
M_Helyar

Default Highlighting and typing doesn't overwrite text anymore.

I'm using MS Word 2003 and now for some strange reason, highlighting's messed
up.
I highlight and start to type, and it just deselects the text and sticks my
writing infront of it, i highlight and press backspace and it just puts my
carrat in front of the selection and deselects it. normally doing both of
these things would overwrite what i had highlighted and it doesn't anymore,
to replace text i have to highlight and press 'Del'.

This happens regardless of whether or not i have the OVR function on
This happens in no other programs
I've tried restarting the app and my machine

Any suggestions?
Thankyou,
Matt Helyar
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

In Word, click on Tools | Options | Edit | check the "Typing
replaces selection" box | OK.