Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aliwayo

Default page numbering

HELP!!! It's 3am, I have to get my thesis printed tomorrow and the page
numbering is all wonky! When I set the page numbers to start at a particular
number, they go sequentially for a few pages, and then suddently jump to a
completely different sequent of numbers - HOW DO I FIX???!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Good luck. Page numbering restarts are connected to section breaks and
choices you've made. Sometimes these breaks can be hard to figure out. Go
through your sections resetting the options.
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/sections.htm.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"aliwayo" wrote in message
HELP!!! It's 3am, I have to get my thesis printed tomorrow and the page
numbering is all wonky! When I set the page numbers to start at a
particular
number, they go sequentially for a few pages, and then suddently jump to a
completely different sequent of numbers - HOW DO I FIX???!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aliwayo

Thanks for the response Charles,

I figured it out in the end. I foolishly added a landscape page to a
portrait layout document at the last minute which threw out all of my page
numbering (and this is what obviously set up the section break you referred
to). All I had to do in fact was go into the "format page number" and then
click the "continue from previous" option rather than having a specific
number entered in the "start at" option box.
Phew!