Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Darrell

Default Drop down box

I would like to know if there is a way to get info from an excel document
into a drop down box in word. I want to use this to list my customers, so
when the secretary sends a quote they can pick the company name from a drop
down box, which will then populate the address and contact name on a
different line.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Darrell

Suzanne,

This works well with one line of information, but I am trying to insert the
following:

Comapny Name
Company Address
City, State Zip

I we only have about 25 customers. Maybe word is not the solution to this.
I am trying to take the redundece out of typing the customers names and
address each time we need to send them a quote. Do you have any other
suggestions?

Thank you very much for all the help so far!!!!!

Darrell

"Darrell" wrote in message
I would like to know if there is a way to get info from an excel document
into a drop down box in word. I want to use this to list my customers, so
when the secretary sends a quote they can pick the company name from a

drop
down box, which will then populate the address and contact name on a
different line.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The beauty of the AutoTextList is that the list just contains the name of
the AutoText entry, which can include as many lines (or pages) of
information as you like. So you create an AutoText entry that has the
company name and address, but the name of the AT entry is just the company
name or an abbreviation of it.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Not from Excel necessarily, but see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/AutoTextList.htm