Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
M.Shannon

Default Word Document Merge and MS Excel Worksheet via DDE

When I attempt to use "CONFIRM CONVERSION AT OPEN" and choose my excel
spreadsheet using MS Excel Worksheet via DDE, the worksheet isn't loading in
correctly. Seems as though one of the last columns is loading as the 1st and
pushing certain columns over 1 per the headings of the columns.

Thoughts?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TS5TaGFubm9u?=,

When I attempt to use "CONFIRM CONVERSION AT OPEN" and choose my excel
spreadsheet using MS Excel Worksheet via DDE, the worksheet isn't loading in
correctly. Seems as though one of the last columns is loading as the 1st and
pushing certain columns over 1 per the headings of the columns.

I assume this is Word 2002 or 2003 and you're looking at the "Recipients" dialog
box? Someone at MS had the bright idea to pre-sort the column list for this
dialog box based on some unfathomable premise. You can drag the columns around
in the opened dialog box, but there's nothing you can do to change how Word
decides to present these columns when the dialog box is opened.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
How to reformat a complete document. wanda Microsoft Word Help 16 February 11th 06 11:43 PM
How do I merge Word document with Excel one? Fermanov Microsoft Word Help 2 March 24th 05 02:03 AM
Specific Email Merge w/ Specific Attachements Mark B Mailmerge 9 February 21st 05 05:10 AM