Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Christine

Default Spell check in a protected document

Can I enable spell check in a protected document? Is that possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

From the spelling.grammar FAQ:

4. How can I spell-check protected forms
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Macros...ProtectDoc.htm

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Christine" wrote in message
Can I enable spell check in a protected document? Is that possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Christine

Is ther any other way to do this? An easier way? I am not at all familiar
with setting up macros.

From the spelling.grammar FAQ:

"Christine" wrote in message
Can I enable spell check in a protected document? Is that possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

No. The macro is already set up for you... all you have to do is
copy and paste. See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm .

Christine wrote:

Is ther any other way to do this? An easier way? I am not at all familiar
with setting up macros.

From the spelling.grammar FAQ:

"Christine" wrote in message

Can I enable spell check in a protected document? Is that possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Christine

I put in the macro, and it worked great on my machine. However, when I sent
it to a friend, he could not spell-check or even run the macro for the spell
check. Do you know why this is happening?

Christine wrote:

Is ther any other way to do this? An easier way? I am not at all familiar
with setting up macros.

From the spelling.grammar FAQ:

"Christine" wrote in message

Can I enable spell check in a protected document? Is that possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Or, you need to install the macro in the document's template and send that
to your friend (the template). It should not be normal.dot.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...

Christine wrote:

Is ther any other way to do this? An easier way? I am not at all
familiar with setting up macros.

From the spelling.grammar FAQ: