Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wayner

Default How do I delete page 3 of a document of 16 pages?

I have selected the whole page, but 'delete' doesn't work.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

What does it do if it does not delete the selected text?

Version of Word?
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Wayner" wrote in message
I have selected the whole page, but 'delete' doesn't work.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Word is not a page layout program and so there is no concept of 'page' in
the application. If you select all the text on a page you can delete that
text, but Word will re-format to fill the space.

Wayner wrote:
I have selected the whole page, but 'delete' doesn't work.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wayner

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

What does it do if it does not delete the selected text? No action!

Version of Word? Version10 build 6764
--

"Wayner" wrote in message
I have selected the whole page, but 'delete' doesn't work.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Delete or Backspace? If the latter, Tools Options Edit
Check "Typing Replaces Selection"
--

"Wayner" wrote in message
I have selected the whole page, but 'delete' doesn't work.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
salma

Edit,select all,delete

I have selected the whole page, but 'delete' doesn't work.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

No! This deletes the entire document!
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"salma" wrote in message

Edit,select all,delete
"Wayner" wrote:

I have selected the whole page, but 'delete' doesn't work.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

As Graham pointed out, when you delete text in the middle of a document, the
following text will flow into fill the space. Is the selected text not being
deleted, or is it that the page isn't blank?