Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
slick

Default how many computers in home can i install my new 2003 word on?

I just purchased Microsoft Word 2003 upgrade, I have a laptop and my wife
also has a desktop and laptop, can i install this on all 4 comuters in my
home?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Definitely not on four computers. If you purchased Word 2003 by
itself (not as part of Office 2003), then you are probably
licensed to install it on one desktop and one laptop. You can
read the End User License Agreement that applies to your copy of
Office by starting Word, then clicking on Help | Microsoft Word
Help | Contents tab | click on the + next to "Microsoft Word
Help" to expand the topic, and select "End User License
Agreement" from the list of topics. In the EULA, there will be a
section entitled "General License Grant to Install and Use" that
says how many computers (and what types of computers) you can
install your copy of Office on.

slick wrote:
I just purchased Microsoft Word 2003 upgrade, I have a laptop and my wife
also has a desktop and laptop, can i install this on all 4 comuters in my
home?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

And the one desktop and one laptop are supposed to belong to the same user,
so that theoretically they're not both in use at the same time. Given that
Office 2003, when installed under Windows 2000 or XP, can be used by
multiple user profiles, and given that more than one of those multiple users
might be wanting to use Word at a given time, I think this is probably
unenforceable, but that's the concept, anyway. FWIW, the Student & Teacher
Edition I believe can be installed on up to three computers (but it doesn't
qualify for upgrades).

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...