Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tedoniman

Default How do I isolate a single page from a document...

04-Mar-2006 / 04:35 Bangkok time

Just came across this interesting answer while browsing thru, looking for
simple solutions, among them, a way to get back to the older Word version
"comment" style. The current style used in Word 2003 is enough to gag a
maggot. I run for the bucket each time I see it. Talk about clutter... (I
know). Any case, to get back to the subject at hand...

Since this is an old (2004) answer, I'm not sure if my related 2006 query
will ever come to the attention of "Suzanne S. Barnhill" - unless these types
of replies go direct to her email in box. Any way, here goes nothing...

Query:

Are you inferring by this that if I 'cut' a page or a complete document
(select all, et. al.) and 'paste' into a new, blank document, the tracked
changes (and, hopefully, 'comments' and maybe a few other things) will
magically disappear - thus saving me the trouble of "cleaning" such out of
the doc manually or via the
Word doc clean macro? (in the newer Word 2003 version, that is).

If so, someone finally may have done something useful - even if by accident.

Just curious. Will check as soon as I finish browsing some more and maybe
posting my query on the 'comments' thing.

In meantime, thanx for that.

--
Ted...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It's counterintuitive, but I believe you have to turn Track Changes off
before copying. Paste into a new document and turn Track Changes back on.
Does that help?

"Epizeuxis" wrote in message
Thanks for the reply Graham, but could you elucidate a little for me :-) ?

FYI - I have obviously tried simply cutting / pasting the required

section,
but the comments and tracked changes are not retained. I understand what

you
mean about Word's concept of a page. However, I have a long document with
many changes and comments - I need to send part of this to s/one, without
sending them the rest. Surely this should be a simple matter?
Thanks again.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

I don't think it will help much which version of Word it is, as there is

no
concept of a page in Word, pages are transient entities determined by a
number of factors not least of which is the printer driver.

You can copy a 'page' to a new document with the following macro, but I
suspect that the results will not be what you envisage.

Sub CopyCurrentPageToNewDoc()
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("\page").Range.Select
Selection.Copy
Documents.Add Template:="Normal"
Selection.Paste
End Sub

Epizeuxis wrote:
Sorry - It's Word 2002

"Epizeuxis" wrote:

Hello group.

How do I remove a single page from a document (thus making a new
doc. from said page), and still preserve the tracked changes and
comments?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html
for instructions.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It's counterintuitive, but I believe you have to turn Track Changes off
before copying. Paste into a new document and turn Track Changes back

on.
Does that help?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Epizeuxis" wrote in message
Thanks for the reply Graham, but could you elucidate a little for me

:-) ?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

I don't think it will help much which version of Word it is, as

there is
no
concept of a page in Word, pages are transient entities determined

by a
number of factors not least of which is the printer driver.

You can copy a 'page' to a new document with the following macro,

but I
suspect that the results will not be what you envisage.

Sub CopyCurrentPageToNewDoc()
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("\page").Range.Select
Selection.Copy
Documents.Add Template:="Normal"
Selection.Paste
End Sub

Epizeuxis wrote:
Sorry - It's Word 2002

adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 05:51 PM
page number printing on a merged report Print Page # On Merged Report Mailmerge 6 October 17th 05 05:18 AM
multiple page document George Applegate Page Layout 2 July 1st 05 09:27 PM
How do I insert a single page pdf file in a Word document? Phladders Microsoft Word Help 1 June 15th 05 06:42 PM
section breaks change each time opening document Dave Microsoft Word Help 6 March 21st 05 12:01 PM