Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Using Word how to position the address on the label

I don't want to merge addresses.
I just want to use the Labels function in Word and select one addressee at a
time to print on my label sheets. However, the label sheets have been
pre-printed with the company logo and return address at the top of each
label, so I want the addressee information to be positioned and printed below
that and also I want the address more centered in the label area (not just
left justified). When I go through the process in Word to print labels I
don't see any options for where the addressee information is to print on the
label. Any advice. Did I miss something obvious?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

I would setup a custom label with the vertical pitch and height set to skip
the printed area.
or
You can right click the first line of your address - select 'paragraph' and
add space before to accommodate the height of the printed part of your
label.

this wrote:
I don't want to merge addresses.
I just want to use the Labels function in Word and select one
addressee at a time to print on my label sheets. However, the label
sheets have been pre-printed with the company logo and return address
at the top of each label, so I want the addressee information to be
positioned and printed below that and also I want the address more
centered in the label area (not just left justified). When I go
through the process in Word to print labels I don't see any options
for where the addressee information is to print on the label. Any
advice. Did I miss something obvious?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You position the text on a label by applying the necessary settings to the
paragraph in which the text appears - Space before, Indent, etc.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP