Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
john mcmichael

Default cant open files that were saved from a template

I have had a user contact me with a fairly strange Word password issue. He
copied a file from a server folder to his machine and at this time, it was
not password protected, just marked Read Only. The file was a template, so
he was opening it, filling it out, and saving as into multiple different
files. The files he created will not open normally and ask for a password,
as well as the original file he saved to his machine. I showed him the only
work around I know, which is to simply Select All and paste into a new file,
but he does not want to do this, since there are multiple files now that he
would have to do this with. Do you have any ideas?