Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Slow Learner

Default Corrupt word table.... the end!

Finally, after long last I have reformatted the document containing the
tables which seem to have a mind of their own. I do not know if it will hold
but I have a burned copy, so hopefully if the harddrive copy goes south again
I can just replace with the burned copy.
It is a true mystery, unless there is some trick or tip on scanning that I
have missed and only if the corruption comes from this.
There were gremlins everywhere including font size, position, color and
normal, italic etc.
The weirdest thing was for automatic numbering within cells. It just keeps
disappearing (turning off). Is there a trick to having list items in cells
that I am not aware of?
The normal style will not hold to not automatic update and this was a
pain.... but alas I have my document but am still mystified as to what went
wrong.
I have deleted all temporary files in the directory as they did not go away
when Word was closed and this still also mystifies me......
I believe if I were not as tenacious as I am I would have deleted the whole
works and started from scratch.
Would be interested in thoughts of all the MVP's reading this as I DO NOT
want to go through this again.