Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ben

Default thin space or hair space

Can someone please explain to me what " 'thin space' or 'hair space' that I
can find in certain fonts" means when trying to type a 1/2 space in a Word
document? Thank you so much. I would greatly appreciate an answer.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Homework question?

Ben wrote:

Can someone please explain to me what " 'thin space' or 'hair space' that I
can find in certain fonts" means when trying to type a 1/2 space in a Word
document? Thank you so much. I would greatly appreciate an answer.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Only if you can explain why you are trying to type a half-space.

"Ben" wrote in message
Can someone please explain to me what " 'thin space' or 'hair space' that

can find in certain fonts" means when trying to type a 1/2 space in a Word
document? Thank you so much. I would greatly appreciate an answer.

Jeffeuilar Jeffeuilar is offline
Junior Member

Thin spaces and hair spaces are both very narrow spaces that are used in typography. Thin spaces are typically used to separate certain punctuation marks, such as quotation marks or apostrophes, from the surrounding text. Hair spaces are even narrower than thin cheaphumanhair.online spaces and are used to separate glyphs that are too close together, such as two hyphens or two periods.