Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
angel_carr

Default How do I view pictures that are on a DVD

I have pictures saved on a DVD put when I try to view the folder it shows
the folder as empty? The drive is a LIghtscribe if that makes a difference?!
Help!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

This newsgroup is for questions about Microsoft Word. Word is
not the best choice of programs for viewing pictures on a DVD.

angel_carr wrote:

I have pictures saved on a DVD put when I try to view the folder it shows
the folder as empty? The drive is a LIghtscribe if that makes a difference?!
Help!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Well, first, this isn't a Word issue.

And second, if the folder's empty, then you didn't do what you think you
did.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"angel_carr" wrote in message
I have pictures saved on a DVD put when I try to view the folder it shows
the folder as empty? The drive is a LIghtscribe if that makes a
difference?!
Help!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
angel_carr

I opened word to get into the files, my e drive is not functioning, and I
wanted a response from someone who knew about computers, Thank-you for your
useless help, I have found out how to get better help. If word is not the
best choice maybe you could be helpful and advise a better program, I have
already tried snapfish, still not opening, any files, this DVD is appearing
empty.
Thanks

angel_carr wrote:

I have pictures saved on a DVD put when I try to view the folder it shows
the folder as empty? The drive is a LIghtscribe if that makes a difference?!
Help!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
angel_carr

Can pictures not be viewed as a word file? I am looking for assisstance in
what to do correctly so that I can run a DVD, when I insert a DvD movie it is
still showing my e drive as empty, I know that this is not a word issue but
if you know about word do you know about other programs and can maybe offer
assisstance?

"angel_carr" wrote in message
I have pictures saved on a DVD put when I try to view the folder it shows
the folder as empty? The drive is a LIghtscribe if that makes a
difference?!
Help!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
angel_carr

do any of you know about anything other then word, if you know could you
answer my question anyways

angel_carr wrote:

I have pictures saved on a DVD put when I try to view the folder it shows
the folder as empty? The drive is a LIghtscribe if that makes a difference?!
Help!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Some of us know about a few other things besides Word, but this NG is
devoted to questions about Word. I would suggest that a better place to ask
your present question is a Windows NG. No, Word cannot read DVDs. If you
have pictures on a DVD, and that DVD is in a drive that can be read, then
you can use Insert | Picture | From File, navigating to the DVD drive, to
insert a picture from the DVD. That is the extent of Word's relationship
with pictures on a DVD.

angel_carr wrote:

I have pictures saved on a DVD put when I try to view the folder it

shows
the folder as empty? The drive is a LIghtscribe if that makes a

difference?!
Help!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

No. A picture is a picture and a Word doc is a document..

If it was my computer and I inserted a disk but the drive showed as empty -
I'd call the tech support staff at my computer's manufacturer. But then
again, I am a firm believer in paying that little bit extra for an extended
warranty. (Silly me.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]