Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sammac

Default Document designed in Word 2003 with radio buttons opens very slowl

I have an employee evaluation document with radio buttons from 1 to 5 on each
question used to rate an empoloyee's performance. Each question has 5 buttons
grouped together and there are 30 to 36 questions depending on which version
is used. The documents take anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute and a half
to open depending on the Word version of the user. I have instructed everyone
to set their Macro Security to Medium and to enable macros when the document
opens. Is there any way to speed things up?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?U2FtbWFj?=,

I have an employee evaluation document with radio buttons from 1 to 5 on each
question used to rate an empoloyee's performance. Each question has 5 buttons
grouped together and there are 30 to 36 questions depending on which version
is used. The documents take anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute and a half
to open depending on the Word version of the user. I have instructed everyone
to set their Macro Security to Medium and to enable macros when the document
opens. Is there any way to speed things up?

Not really, no (short of giving everyone a new, super machine). Option buttons
are ActiveX controls - little embedded OLE objects. Each and every one of them
has to be initialized when the document is opened (similar to an embedded Excel
spreadsheet).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sammac

Default Document designed in Word 2003 with radio buttons opens very s

Well I vote for giving everyone a new Super Machine but since that's not
going to happen, I'll just let them know that they have to be patient.
Luckily, these documents will be obsolete in another month. Thanks for your
answer.

Hi ?B?U2FtbWFj?=,