Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ahardesty

Default Custom size paper will not print correctly

Whenever I have a custom-size paper the page that comes out is printed
several times smaller than it print previews. Why?

Amy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you previewing at 100%?

"ahardesty" wrote in message
Whenever I have a custom-size paper the page that comes out is printed
several times smaller than it print previews. Why?

Amy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ahardesty

Suzanne - Thank you for your reply, but the preview was not the issue. I've
actually resolved it now through some other research that I did. I found a
response on a similar question in Google that suggested that I needed to
create new forms for Word in the custom sizes that I needed.

I simply went to "My Computer" and then "Printers". Clicked on File, then
Server Properties. After that, on the Forms tab, I checked the box to
"create a new form" and then put in the dimensions of my custom paper. When
I opened the document in Word, it read it as a form instead of a custom size
and was able to readily communicate with my printer - problem solved.

Thanks again.

Amy

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you previewing at 100%?

"ahardesty" wrote in message
Whenever I have a custom-size paper the page that comes out is printed
several times smaller than it print previews. Why?

Amy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, I answered the question you asked, not the problem to which you seem
to have found a solution.

"ahardesty" wrote in message
Suzanne - Thank you for your reply, but the preview was not the issue.

I've
actually resolved it now through some other research that I did. I found

response on a similar question in Google that suggested that I needed to
create new forms for Word in the custom sizes that I needed.

I simply went to "My Computer" and then "Printers". Clicked on File, then
Server Properties. After that, on the Forms tab, I checked the box to
"create a new form" and then put in the dimensions of my custom paper.

When
I opened the document in Word, it read it as a form instead of a custom

size
and was able to readily communicate with my printer - problem solved.

Thanks again.

Amy

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you previewing at 100%?