Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Siobhan

Default text boxes changed

i wrote some text in a text box last night, then modified the text boxes
colours, lines etc. I saved it, but today when i reopen the file, instead of
text boxes i have
{SHAPE \* MERGERFORMAT}
but this didn't ahppen to 1 of the text boxes.

why did this happen and how can i fix it??

thanks!

siobhan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Press Alt+F9 to switch between display of field codes (what you
see now) and field results. If that doesn't help, then in Word,
click on Tools | Options | View tab | uncheck the "Field codes"
box | Print tab | uncheck the "Field codes" box | OK.

Siobhan wrote:

i wrote some text in a text box last night, then modified the text boxes
colours, lines etc. I saved it, but today when i reopen the file, instead of
text boxes i have
{SHAPE \* MERGERFORMAT}
but this didn't ahppen to 1 of the text boxes.

why did this happen and how can i fix it??

thanks!

siobhan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?U2lvYmhhbg==?=,

i wrote some text in a text box last night, then modified the text boxes
colours, lines etc. I saved it, but today when i reopen the file, instead of
text boxes i have
{SHAPE \* MERGERFORMAT}
but this didn't ahppen to 1 of the text boxes.

Try pressing Alt+F9 a couple of times, until all the field codes (that's the
brackets+text stuff) toggle back to field result display.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)