Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DLH2006

Default open multiple word documents and insert a paragraph.

We have 700 documents created in Word that we now need to open and insert a
paragraph into each one. Is there a utility or way to open these, insert,
save and close other than manually opening each one?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you can do this using Find and Replace, see
http://www.gmayor.com/batch_replace.htm

"DLH2006" wrote in message
We have 700 documents created in Word that we now need to open and insert

paragraph into each one. Is there a utility or way to open these, insert,
save and close other than manually opening each one?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DLH2006

Thank you, but we are not replacing text but inserting an additional
paragraph between two other paragraphs in the documents.

Thanks again,
Dianna

"DLH2006" wrote in message
We have 700 documents created in Word that we now need to open and insert

paragraph into each one. Is there a utility or way to open these, insert,
save and close other than manually opening each one?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You are limiting your vision. If the paragraph before or after the inserted
one is the same in each document, you can use Find and Replace.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you can do this using Find and Replace, see
http://www.gmayor.com/batch_replace.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"DLH2006" wrote in message
We have 700 documents created in Word that we now need to open and

insert
paragraph into each one. Is there a utility or way to open these,

insert,
save and close other than manually opening each one?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?RExIMjAwNg==?=,

Thank you, but we are not replacing text but inserting an additional
paragraph between two other paragraphs in the documents.

The cited article gives you the framework: opening a number of
documents in succession to perform an action. Just replace the
Find/Replace code with code that inserts the paragraph you need. The
correct place to get help with coding is one of the word.vba
(developer) newsgroups. You MUST give the version of Word and more
details about what you need to do, such as exactly how to identify
where this paragraph should go.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

And if the inserted paragraph is long, copy it to the clipboard and replace
with your found text plus the clipboard content ^c - see also
http://www.gmayor.com/Autotext_replace.htm