Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leo Edwards

Default Text overwrite/INS problem?

Hello all,

I've recently started to have problems with MS Office 2003 (11.6568.6568)
SP2. Basically, if I highlight a word and either hit the backspace or start
to type over it, it un-highlights, leaves it there and adds the text to the
start of the word. Of course, I've tried with the 'INS' key on or off,
re-starting Word and the computer etc. but nothing's working!

Any help would be very grateful!
Thanks
Leo Edwards (leomanic@][[]HOTMAIL.[]]]com)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Answered in the Application Errors newsgroup. Please do not multipost.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Leo Edwards" wrote in message
Hello all,

I've recently started to have problems with MS Office 2003

(11.6568.6568)
SP2. Basically, if I highlight a word and either hit the backspace

or start
to type over it, it un-highlights, leaves it there and adds the text

to the
start of the word. Of course, I've tried with the 'INS' key on or

off,
re-starting Word and the computer etc. but nothing's working!

Any help would be very grateful!
Thanks
Leo Edwards (leomanic@][[]HOTMAIL.[]]]com)

Hidden text won't stick Gary Burton Formatting Long Documents 10 February 17th 06 02:03 AM
Wandering text box Jim K Microsoft Word Help 7 December 23rd 05 11:27 PM
End/FootNote text style Shaun Page Layout 4 July 5th 05 04:36 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
textbox to normal text Jack Sons New Users 16 December 5th 04 03:44 PM