Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Erieberry2

Default How can I stop words from deleting when I hit space bar?

When I go back in the document and want to edit I hit space bar and it
deletes words its a big pain how can I make it stop?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

The description of your problem is rather sketchy, but the first thing you
might check is whether you are in OverType mode... If the letters OVR appear
in black on the Status Bar either double-click there or press the Insert key
to return to edit mode.

If this isn't the fix you need post back with a more complete & accurate
indication of what the problem is, including what version of Word.

HTH |:)