Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Simon

Default Missing Linked EPS file when mailmerging

Hi

I have created a word doc with fields & also included an EPS file which is
linked to the word doc. But when I mailmerge the EPS file is missing, all
word shows is the outline with a RED X in the top left corner. How do I fix
this?

Notes:
a) Reason I dont want to include/embed the EPS file in the Word doc is
because the file is nearly 1Mb, and if I merge 100 docs, it would take me
forver to load and print.
b) Yes, My EPS file is located in the same folder as my Word Doc

Thanks In Advance
Simon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Assuming you have your field syntax correct, merge to a new document, select
all then update (F9).

Simon wrote:
Hi

I have created a word doc with fields & also included an EPS file
which is linked to the word doc. But when I mailmerge the EPS file is
missing, all word shows is the outline with a RED X in the top left
corner. How do I fix this?

Notes:
a) Reason I dont want to include/embed the EPS file in the Word doc is
because the file is nearly 1Mb, and if I merge 100 docs, it would
take me forver to load and print.
b) Yes, My EPS file is located in the same folder as my Word Doc

Thanks In Advance
Simon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Simon

Hi Graham,

Excuse the amatuer response..."Field Syntax?" Not sure what that is??
I'm using Word 2002 - SP2.

If it helps, I'm using a software package which prints it's mail merge to MS
Word, from "I think" (SQL Data), the standard Word docs have the fields
already in place which I have no problems modifying, but when I try to insert
my logo as a linked file it works for the moment, but as soon as I close the
doc, run a mail merge from the software, everything is their except for my
eps... just an outline box of where my image should be.

thanks again.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Assuming you have your field syntax correct, merge to a new document, select
all then update (F9).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

By field syntax I mean the correct field layout for an inserted linked
graphic ie if you toggle the field (ALT+F9) you should get something like

{ INCLUDEPICTURE "D:\\My Documents\\My Pictures\\Filename.eps" \d }

I understand that eps graphics usually have two parts - a display image and
a printer image (a list of postscript commands) which drives the printer
directly. While I don't have the means to test this (not having any eps
images or a post script printer to hand) it seems likely that you are only
getting the screen version in your document and the printer is either not
seeing or not able to translate the printer version of the image. I'm afraid
I don't know enough about eps graphics and postscript to advise. Would it be
possible to convert the logo to jpg? That would at least test the premise.
You should be able to convert it with the demo of SnagIt - www.techsmith.com
if you don't have anything suitable to do the job.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Assuming you have your field syntax correct, merge to a new
document, select all then update (F9).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Simon

Hi Graham,

Sorry for the late reply, but I would like to thank you so much for your
help. Your suggestions worked seemlessly.

Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
Simon

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Assuming you have your field syntax correct, merge to a new
document, select all then update (F9).

How do I prevent Word from locking the file? Scott Bass New Users 0 October 5th 05 05:20 PM
how do i insert movie into word 2000 and not have a linked file -. evellen8 Microsoft Word Help 2 March 22nd 05 07:47 PM
missing file John B. New Users 1 March 21st 05 06:40 PM
How do I find a missing file, w2561411.cab. Caboman Microsoft Word Help 1 January 6th 05 02:58 PM
File missing when loading by association Bad Horsey Microsoft Word Help 1 November 30th 04 06:33 PM