Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Bryan Bloom

Default Table Positioning Help PLEASE!!!

I need some advice on placing tables on a Word document. How do you set them
so that they can float freely around the document for placement, without
affecting the other tables and moving them? Much like how you do so with
graphic images.

What are the settings for positioning or what are the tricks.

The document I am talking about can be seen at
http://www.prioritymoving.com/wordsample.htm

You can either click on the link to open it or save it to your computer to
see it.

The document has several independant tables on it. Each time I adjust one,
it moves the others around or pushes them off the page. This is driving me
crazy. Someone there knows how to do this an easiery way. I have all the
books on Word 2003 and still can't figure this one out. Any help is greatly
appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Shauna Kelly

Hi Bryan

The key is to work out whether you want your table to be inline or floating.

For the concepts, read
The draw layer: a metaphysical space
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrwGrphcs/DrawLayer.htm

Then, click in the table and choose Table Properties and select the
appropriate Text Wrapping. For finer control, click the Positioning button.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word