Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Á÷À˵ÄË«Óã

Default How to delete multiple tables?

We can use Talbe/Delete/Talbe to delete a talbe.
But if we select multiple talbes, the command is
disabled. Is there any method to delelte multiple
tables at once? I dont want to use VBA.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Greg Maxey

Yes, but you don't want to use it. If you change your mind:

Sub DeleteTables()
Dim oTbl As Word.Table
For Each oTbl In Selection.Range.Tables
oTbl.Delete
Next
End Sub

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Á÷À˵ÄË«Óã wrote:
We can use Talbe/Delete/Talbe to delete a talbe.
But if we select multiple talbes, the command is
disabled. Is there any method to delelte multiple
tables at once? I dont want to use VBA.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
?????

No. Cut only cuts the data in the table.
It does not delete the table.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jezebel

Cut deletes the entire table if the selection also includes at least one
character outside the table. So if you select all the tables plus the
intervening matter, delete zaps the lot.

"?????" wrote in message
No. Cut only cuts the data in the table.
It does not delete the table.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tony Jollans

I beg to differ on that. Cut deletes a table if the whole table (and nothing
else) is selected.

Neither Cut nor Delete - nor any other single action - deletes tables in
discontiguous selections

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"?????" wrote in message
No. Cut only cuts the data in the table.
It does not delete the table.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jezebel

You're right. It's Delete that removes only the contents. As for the second
point, I wasn't refering to discontinuous sections. Just different tables:
create a table, then some paragraphs, then another table. Select both tables
and all that's between them. Now Delete.

"?????" wrote in message
No. Cut only cuts the data in the table.
It does not delete the table.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tony Jollans

Sorry, yes the second point wasn't really directed at you - I could have
been clearer

I'm not sure, on re-reading, whether the OP wants to work with discontiguous
selections or not,

--
Enjoy,
Tony