Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Confused

Default How do I add times to the scale in a bar graph?

I need to create a bar graph using 4 teams, Mon-Fri, and then the work times.
Can anyone advise how to set up times on the left hand scale?
Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Add more rows (or columns) to the datasheet? Change the axis scale or the
tick mark interval? I think you'll have to give a better description of what
you're talking about.

"Confused" wrote in message
I need to create a bar graph using 4 teams, Mon-Fri, and then the work

times.
Can anyone advise how to set up times on the left hand scale?
Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Confused

I need to graph start and finish times (ie. 1000am - 10pm). So the bars would
be my teams, the bottom axis would be mon-fri. How do I change the axis on
the left to show times. Is this even possible?

"Confused" wrote in message
I need to create a bar graph using 4 teams, Mon-Fri, and then the work

times.
Can anyone advise how to set up times on the left hand scale?
Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I can't give you all the details since I've never attempted this, but it
appears that a good place to start would be Chart | Chart Type | Custom
Types: Floating bars. To tell you the truth, though, I think I'd use a table
for this instead, merging cells as needed. That is, create a table with six
columns (or ten if you want spacer columns between the days) and as many
rows as you need shifts or hour divisions or whatever (if the shifts are the
same every day, you might just have a single row for each shift). The
leftmost column would indicate the times. Then use color fill or text to
indicate the teams.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Add more rows (or columns) to the datasheet? Change the axis scale or

the
tick mark interval? I think you'll have to give a better description of

what
you're talking about.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.