Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Robert

Default Select table column selects misaligned cells

Thanks to you MVPs for the loads of help you give day in and day out. I
have not posted in microsoft.public.* before, but I search here
whenever I run into difficulty, and am seldom disappointed.

This time, my searches have been fruitless, probably because any
relevant keywords I can think of are not sufficiently unique. I'm sure
someone must have answered this befo

Sometimes when I select a range of cells in a table (either by clicking
above a column or by dragging through the cells), the resulting
selection is "misaligned". For example, a cell that appears to be
perfectly in the range may not be selected, while a cell appearing
outside the desired range is selected instead.

When this symptom results from non-uniform cell widths in a column, it
makes sense to me, but it sometimes occurs when the cells are perfectly
equal.

"Fixing" the problem sometimes requires deleting the rows that don't
align (although, as I said, the cells may appear to align perfectly).

I have Word 97 SR-2 running in XP.

Your time is greatly appreciated.

Robert