Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Scott Graham

Default Date Line Lock

I am wanting to lock a date field on line 16 within all my mailmerge
documents which i merge from a certain database. I incert certain client
addresses and although they may differ i would like the Date to always be on
line 16. is there a way of locking the date on this line in all mailmerge
documents but also leaving it able to update the correct date?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You could use an Advance field with the \y switch to force the date to a
particular position on the page.

Otherwise, it depends on the exact layout of your document and what is being
merged into it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.