Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
rexmann

Default mail merge

Hi all

I am not sure if this is an excel or word mail merge problem so sorry if it
is in the wrong bit.

When I mail merge in word using an excel data source the following problems
occur:

1) The dates convert from UK to USA format (day month switches) so the wrong
date is shown (eg 10/03/06 becomes the 03/10/06). I have tried to find an
option in excel and word but have not done so. The only thing I can do is
display as text (3rd October 2006). Is it possible to stop the conversion?

2) equally recuring numbers in excel appear in the word mail merge (eg 4.99
sometimes appears as 4.999999999). This happens even when I set it to two
decimal places in excel. Can this be stopped?

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers Rexmann

PS I am running Word and Excel XP (2002)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

For 1, see the "Dates: day/month reversed" item under the "Connection
methods" topic of the "Mail merge in Word 2002" section of fellow MVP Cindy
Meister's website at:

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

For 2, see "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham
Mayor's website at:

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

[...]