Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Baggy

Default Protecting Cells

In Word 97, is it possible to protect single cells? e.g. a single row is
split into two and I want to protect the column on the right-hand side to
prevent its content being deleted.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman

Sorry, no.

The procedure I gave you before, inserting section breaks and
protecting only certain sections, is the only way to protect any part
of a document (in versions before Word 2003). But there's no way in
any version of Word to put a section break in the middle of a table,
let alone in the middle of a row.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman