Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ManuelB

Default Mail Merga Calculation doesnt work using "," as decimal separator.

I'm Creating a Mail Merge document, where the data source uses the latin
america decimal notation "," for decimals "." for thousands separator. All
the calulations on the docuemt such as {= ( {MERGEFIELD Edad} * 2) } get an
error : !Invalid Character Setting. Does Mail Merge Support this notation ?
If is switched to standard notation "." for decimals, "," for thousands it
works.

Manuel.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You probably need to change the settings under Control PanelRegional and
Language OptionsCustomize Regional Options so the the separators match
those used in the data source.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

?
If is switched to standard notation "." for decimals, "," for thousands it
works.

Manuel.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

"ManuelB" wrote in message
I'm Creating a Mail Merge document, where the data source uses the latin
america decimal notation "," for decimals "." for thousands separator. All
the calulations on the docuemt such as {= ( {MERGEFIELD Edad} * 2) } get
an
error : !Invalid Character Setting. Does Mail Merge Support this notation
?
If is switched to standard notation "." for decimals, "," for thousands it
works.

Manuel.

Hi Doug,

Thank you for your promopt reply, I'm doing exaclty that I'm changing the
setting s on control panel for the right setup of "," and ".". Data source
and Control Panel settings are in sync, but mail merge does'nt recognize the
value as numbers,

Kindly Regards,

Manuel