Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Pelican

Default Mail Labels Multiple Pages

When I create Mail Labels using Merge and an Excel db, I only end up seeing
the first page of Mail Labels. How do I get the succeeding pages?

On the Select Recipients it shows Sheet 1, then Sheet 1_, then Sheet 2 and
Sheet 3, but when I create the list only sheet 1 shows up.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Sounds like you have not actually executed the merge. As for the Sheets I
assume that you are referring to the Sheets in the Excel file and you need
to select the sheet that contains the data.

See the article "Mailmerge Labels with Word XP" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Pelican" wrote in message
When I create Mail Labels using Merge and an Excel db, I only end up
seeing
the first page of Mail Labels. How do I get the succeeding pages?

On the Select Recipients it shows Sheet 1, then Sheet 1_, then Sheet 2 and
Sheet 3, but when I create the list only sheet 1 shows up.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Pelican

I tried it with the same results. I have Word 2003, so it kind of does most
of this stuff in a slightly different way. Anyway, I saved the labels (3
pages). I call them up, and it only shows the first page. If I tell it to
go to 'label 31' it will jump to the second page - so in a way I can kind of
get all three pages - one page at at time. It seems like there should be a
way to print/show all three pages. (If I do 'print' it still only prints the
page showing. Sort of inconvenient.)

"Pelican" wrote in message
When I create Mail Labels using Merge and an Excel db, I only end up
seeing
the first page of Mail Labels. How do I get the succeeding pages?

On the Select Recipients it shows Sheet 1, then Sheet 1_, then Sheet 2 and
Sheet 3, but when I create the list only sheet 1 shows up.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

You have not completed the merge. You are viewing the merge source document.
Read the linked page again. Where there are differences between Word 2002
and 2003 the page mentions them.

"Pelican" wrote in message
When I create Mail Labels using Merge and an Excel db, I only end up
seeing
the first page of Mail Labels. How do I get the succeeding pages?

On the Select Recipients it shows Sheet 1, then Sheet 1_, then
Sheet 2 and Sheet 3, but when I create the list only sheet 1 shows
up.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Pelican

AAAAH!!! If all else fails - read the instructions. One little thing.
Worked just fine. Can't thank you enough.