Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
shu

Default Limit data merging into Word Doc

I have a word document -- Sales Rep Listing in which I'm trying to merge
data from an Excel spreadsheet.

The word document contains an imbedded table that has six columns: Company
Name, Territory, Product, Contract#, Contact Name, Contact Info.

I would like the Company Name to print only once with all the contact
name(s) and contact Info listed below. Since there's not a "grouping" option
in Word how would I set this up?

Appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Sounds like you are probably trying to perform a "multiple items per
condition (=key field)" mailmerge which Word does not really have the
ability to do:

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article

and

http://www.knowhow.com/Guides/Compou...poundMerge.htm

--
Hope this helps.