Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Netpomme

Default Floating & Rotating Tables?

Hi

I have an extremely long document with tables inserted throughout in
landscape mode (within section breaks).

Someone has told me that I can have the whole document in a single section
break if I "float and rotate" the tables. I can't find anything to explain
what this means... can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Netpomme

Well, I'm tidying up someone else's document. I was given some instructions:

"Work with the original document as long as possible, AND make a new template.
Define the styles in a new template, then Organiser-copy them into the
original document. Then work through the document and get styles on
everything.
Then Find/Replace the section breaks out of it (all of them) and copy/paste
everything except the last paragraph into a document created from your new
template. The style definitions will hold and you will leave the trashed
section breaks behind. Then run through and float and rotate those tables so
you can print the whole thing with a single section break, or re-insert the
landscape section breaks if you want to fiddle with landscape headers and
footers."

I know how to insert tables in Landscape within section breaks... but I want
to know what "floating and rotating" tables means.

Thanks

"Netpomme" wrote in message
Hi

I have an extremely long document with tables inserted throughout in
landscape mode (within section breaks).

Someone has told me that I can have the whole document in a single section
break if I "float and rotate" the tables. I can't find anything to explain
what this means... can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Without presuming to know exactly what your advisor was suggesting, one way
to do this is to copy the table, Paste Special as Picture, apply a wrapping
style other than In Line With Text, and then rotate the picture 90 degrees.
Note that this will make the table uneditable.

I suspect that your advisor, knowing that tables can be wrapped in Word 2000
and above, assumed they could also be rotated, like other objects in the
drawing layer; but wrapped tables aren't really in the drawing layer;
they're more like something in a frame.