Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
HLD920

Default Working With Elapsed Time In Word Table Fields

I have created a telephone log to keep track of the time of a call received
and a call ended. I want to setup a field in the table within Word to
automatically calculate the difference of time between field A1 and A2.
Similar formula in Excel might be "=(A2-A1)" The time that I have set up on a
macro for the two fields right now is at 24 hour clock time. I want the
"third" field to automatically (if possible) fill in the time difference. Any
help someone could offer would be great. I viewed another thread about
working with formulas in Word tables, but that dealt with creating forms. I
don't believe this is same thing. Thanks again.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod

Hi,

Time-based calculations in Word are far from being as straightforward as
they are in Excel.

To see how to do time calculations and just about everything else you might
want to do with dates and times in Word, check out my Date Calc 'tutorial',
at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=249902

When using dates and/or times in tables, you have the added complication
that you can't use cell referencing - you have to bookmark the values
instead. For more on this issue, check out my Word Field Maths 'tutorial',
at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=365442

Cheers