Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
lots of questions

Default French Calculations - Column Total not Calculating Properly

What I've done: In Word2003
A. Using English (United States) regional settings, created a shipping
document that will be used by a subsidiary in France. This is a form
template which is protected entirely.
B. Changed the Regional Settings under Control Panel to French (France) to
work the formulas.

There are three columns on the form involved in the calculation:
Col: D1 (No. Units) Col: E1 (Price/Unit) Col: F1 (Price)
{=D1*E1 } *below
Total:
{=sum(F1:F19) }
Columns D and E are 'calculation' form fields formatted to "Number".
The formulas in Col F are formatted as follows: *
{=D19*E19 \# "# ##0,00 E;(# ##0,00 E);"} The formula as written
displays a blank cell in Col F, instead of a '0' placeholder. The format
displays in french format :357 549,00 E (Note: this formula calculates
properly and displays correctly) Evidently the French use a space instead of
a comma and a comma where we normally place a decimal point.

There are a total of 19 rows that the user can enter data into. At the
bottom, in a merged cell (E20 and F20), there is a formula totaling all
prices reflected in Col F which is written as: {=sum(F1:F19) \# "# ##0,00
E;(# ##0,00 E);"}

I have this document in English and everything works/calculates
perfectly.....the French version is really throwing me a curve.

Herein lies the problem... the total calculation field (inserted in blank
merged cell using Table:Formula does not calculate properly. In my test
document, the total should be: 358 008,00 E and is displaying 2 865,00 E.

Does anyone see a/the flaw in the formulas or how I am arriving at the
total???
Your assistance would be immensely appreciated......best regards
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jean-Guy Marcil

lots of questions was telling us:
lots of questions nous racontait que :

[...]

Are you using non-breaking spaces in the formula: #[non-breaking space]##0?

--
Salut!
_______________________________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
lots of questions

Jean-Guy:
I read something about "non-breaking spaces" on a site about a year ago,
however, I don't understand what it is, or how it is indicated or written
into the formula.

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jean-Guy Marcil

lots of questions was telling us:
lots of questions nous racontait que :

Jean-Guy:
I read something about "non-breaking spaces" on a site about a year
ago, however, I don't understand what it is, or how it is indicated
or written into the formula.

Do "SHIFT-CTRL-Spacebar" to insert a non breaking space. Usually, French
formulas expect non-breaking spaces.

--
Salut!