Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Denise

Default Sort a table by graphics

Hi! We have a very large table in Word that we receive from our bank. The
1st column is graphics representing the type of transaction for each record
of the data dump.

Rather than spend all the time it would take to replace these graphics with
text - is there a way to sort on those graphics? It would be 5 images at
most representing a couple hundred records.

I guess what I'm asking - is there any way to sort on the object instead of
the usual text/number/date?

We'd really be grateful if we could save a few hours work each month.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman

Sorry, Word has no way to distinguish any graphic from any other
graphic. In your position, I would contact the bank to find out
whether you could get the document with characters instead of
graphics; it would be a very minor change for the database program
that creates the document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 13:13:02 -0700, Denise
wrote:

Hi! We have a very large table in Word that we receive from our bank. The
1st column is graphics representing the type of transaction for each record
of the data dump.

Rather than spend all the time it would take to replace these graphics with
text - is there a way to sort on those graphics? It would be 5 images at
most representing a couple hundred records.

I guess what I'm asking - is there any way to sort on the object instead of
the usual text/number/date?

We'd really be grateful if we could save a few hours work each month.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jezebel

Failing Jay's suggestion, there might be some distinguishing feature of the
graphics that could be used: right-click one of the graphics, select
properties, and check the height and width: see if this is the same for all
of them. Also, if you hold the cursor over one, do you get a screentip? If
there is a distinguishing property, it would be simple to write a macro and
replace each macro with some text on which you could sort.