Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ru

Default How do I move images wherever I want?

I want the freedom to move images and text boxes around a document
overlapping etc but Word keeps moving them back for me and bunching them up.
How do I change this? Please help
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I move images wherever I want?

How to Turn Off "Snap to Grid" in Word
  1. Click on the image or text box you want to move.
  2. Click on the "Format" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. In the "Arrange" section, click on the "Align" dropdown menu.
  4. Uncheck the "Snap to Grid" option.

How to Change Text Wrapping
  1. Click on the image or text box you want to adjust.
  2. Click on the "Format" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. In the "Arrange" section, click on the "Wrap Text" dropdown menu.
  4. Select "Square" or "Tight" to wrap the text around your image or text box, or select "Behind Text" or "In Front of Text" to place it on top of or behind your text.

If you're still having trouble, please let me know and I'll do my best to assist you further. Also, if you have any macro or Visual Basic code, please wrap it in the
PHP Code:
and
tags.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Popeye

Right click the image and then Format PictureLayout. Set it to anything
other than
"In line with text" and you should be able to drag it anywhere on the page.

HTH

"ru" wrote:

I want the freedom to move images and text boxes around a document
overlapping etc but Word keeps moving them back for me and bunching them up.
How do I change this? Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rae Drysdale

Go to Tools | Options and the Edit tab. About half-way down on the left you
can select how your pictures come in - Insert/Paste pictures as ... Change
this to Square or Tight or whichever selection you prefer other than In line.
Hope this helps.
--
Rae Drysdale

"ru" wrote:

I want the freedom to move images and text boxes around a document
overlapping etc but Word keeps moving them back for me and bunching them up.
How do I change this? Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Purely my suggestion - use Publisher if you want to be able to put text and
graphics wherever you want them. It's sooooooooo much easier to do this with
a program that's made to do exactly that.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]