Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy

Default Merging into a 2 column table

I created a word document with 2 colums and twenty rows. I need to merge an
excel list of names into that document. When I merge, it alphabetizes left to
right. Is there a way to merge it so that it alphabetizes the left side first
and then continues on to the right side?
--
Cindy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Use a catalog (or in Word XP and later it is called "directory") type
mailmerge main document that is formatted with two columns (FormatColumns)
and in the first column insert one set of the mergefields. Then execute the
merge to a new document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.