Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Gary McC

Default Text does not print in narrow columns in a table - Word2007

I am unable to to get the text to print properly in narrow column in a table.
I created the table, then added text in a long narrow column (.25"), and
rotated the text to run the lenght of the column. It dsiplays fine, the
print preview is fine, but the text is partially hidden under the border of
the column when I print it. I tried centering the text in every way
possible, but to no avail. In many scenarios, the text was not visable at
all. After a lot of playing around, and using paragraph settings - space
before and after, I was finally able to get it to print, but I can only
assume that this is a "bug" in the program. I was using a font size of 10 so
this should print in a .25" column. The same file prints just fine in Word
2000. Anyone had any experience with this?
I am using a Canon i850 printer, with the latest drivers.
--
Gary, Saskatoon, SK

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Gary McC

I have tried changing margin settings, line spacing, etc. but it has no
effect.
--
Gary, Saskatoon, SK

"Gary McC" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

To clarify, you are checking the cell margins on the Cell tab of Table
Properties? Oh, wait, I see you're using Word 2007, so I have no idea what
the controls are there.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Check the cell margins (left and right in this case, since the text is
rotated).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.