Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stephen Haley

Default Table Positioning

I have just come accross some strange behaviour in that I accidentaly had a
table style set to Right Alignment. However when I reset a table based on
that style to left alignment it refused to save. Ie when I opened the
document it was still right aligned although for just 1-2 secs it showed as
left aligned. If I then change the stle to left align the tables do not
automatically switch over to left - I have to change them manually. but now
I have set the style to Left align I can set the table to Right Align and
save it with no problems. In each instance the table was either in its own
frame or within another table within a frame. When I create a table within
the text body ie not in a frame then it appears to ignore the table style
alignment. This would appear very strange can anyone shed any light on this?

rgds
Stephen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jessica Jessica is offline

This sounds like good old-fashioned document corruption. You probably have
to delete the offending table and a few lines around it, then retype from
scratch.

Good luck.

- Jessica