Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PA

Default Applying Heading Styles

I am not sure how to explain this properly, but here goes.
Using Word 2002, I remember a tool I could use to apply Heading 1, 2, 3, etc
to be able to create a TOC and have the style applied to only a portion of
the paragraph. In that way, the entire paragraph would not be inserted into
the TOC
In previous versions one would hide the paragraph mark to accomplish this.
Could some one please point me in the right direction.
As always, thanks.
Paul