Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kristin

Default how do i get the lines off my document

when i made my resume, these lines automatically appear underlining things
and wont go away, how do i get rid of them, also, how do i paste my resume on
an online application?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

What sort of underlines? See the Help topic "What do the underlines in my
document mean?" Alternatively, if you're just talking about the table
gridlines, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HideGridlines.htm

Note that if your résumé is set up as a table (as most of Word's résumé
templates are), you may not be able to paste it directly into an online
form.

"Kristin" wrote in message
when i made my resume, these lines automatically appear underlining things
and wont go away, how do i get rid of them, also, how do i paste my resume

on
an online application?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Suzanne

I have noticed lately quite a few postings (they might be just from you
or from others too) that have special characters such as e acute (as in
your posting below) coming through on my mail client as odd collections
of normal characters. On this message the e acutes in resume are coming
through as an a tllde plus a copyright symbol. It that some artifact
inroduced by my mail client, your mail client, or what? As a matter of
interest if you copy and paste into your version of Word (which is?) do
you get that effect? Have just tried copying and posting to my Word
2000 and I get the same odd effect, so I guess it's your mail client
(Mac?) Are others experiencing this?

Just curious
Aalaan

"Kristin" wrote in message
when i made my resume, these lines automatically appear underlining things
and wont go away, how do i get rid of them, also, how do i paste my resume

on
an online application?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

I would say that it is almost certainly something to do with your use of
Mozilla 4.04

Suzanne is using Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1807 and when using
Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2869 as a newsreader as I do, the
e-acutes (é) certainly appear as such.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

What sort of underlines? See the Help topic "What do the underlines in my
document mean?" Alternatively, if you're just talking about the table
gridlines, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HideGridlines.htm

Note that if your résumé is set up as a table (as most of Word's
résumé
templates are), you may not be able to paste it directly into an online
form.

so
all may benefit.

"Kristin" wrote in message
when i made my resume, these lines automatically appear underlining
things
and wont go away, how do i get rid of them, also, how do i paste my
resume

on
an online application?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

It would have to do with the encoding used to send/receive the message.
Despite the fact that é is part of the standard ASCII character set, I often
find that if I use such characters in a plain-text message, I am prompted to
send as Unicode. Because messages posted from the Microsoft Communities are
coded as UTF-8 and I got tired of seeing them in a large, unattractive font,
I threw in the towel and changed my encoding from Western European (Windows)
to Western European (ISO), which apparently is UTF-8.

It is actually interesting that my messages *are* encoded as Western
European (ISO) since every setting I can find in Tools | Options for news
sending format seems to be set at Western European (Windows). But every time
I try to negotiate this mess, it makes my head hurt, so I try not to think
about it any more than I have to!

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

What sort of underlines? See the Help topic "What do the underlines in

my
document mean?" Alternatively, if you're just talking about the table
gridlines, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HideGridlines.htm

Note that if your résumé is set up as a table (as most of Word's

résumé
templates are), you may not be able to paste it directly into an online
form.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Kristin" wrote in message
when i made my resume, these lines automatically appear underlining

things
and wont go away, how do i get rid of them, also, how do i paste my

resume
on
an online application?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF

I'm using OE6 and see the same problem with Suzanne's e acutes too. Alaan's
were fine.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

:
: Suzanne is using Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1807 and when using
: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2869 as a newsreader as I do, the
: e-acutes (é) certainly appear as such.
:
: --
: Hope this helps.
:
: Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
: services on a paid consulting basis.
:
: Doug Robbins - Word MVP
:
: wrote in message ...
: Suzanne
:
: Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
:
: What sort of underlines? See the Help topic "What do the underlines in
my
: document mean?" Alternatively, if you're just talking about the table
: gridlines, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HideGridlines.htm
:
: Note that if your résumé is set up as a table (as most of Word's
: résumé
: templates are), you may not be able to paste it directly into an online
: form.
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
: Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
: Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
newsgroup
: so
: all may benefit.
:
: "Kristin" wrote in message
: ...
: when i made my resume, these lines automatically appear underlining
: things
: and wont go away, how do i get rid of them, also, how do i paste my
: resume
: on
: an online application?
:
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF

Suzanne

It doesn't seem worth the headache then!

Terry

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
[...]
: wrote in message ...
: Suzanne
[...]