Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
kissel

Default Problem: I work on a Word Document and close it when finished, W

I work on a Word Document and close it when finished, When I close word
asks if I want to save it and I say yes, it closes. All is good. The next
time I open this Word Document and close it, it does so without asking if
want to save the changes because I made no changes. This is the way it should
be. I think.

Now I have another Word Document ; I open it to look at it and make no
changes. When I close this Word Document it asks if I want to save the
changes. There were no changes made to this Word Document, so why does it ask
about saving changes that were not made?

Is there something I have to do to stop this from being asked? As always,
your help will be appreciated. I tried looking for the answer in HELP without
success. Bob K

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF

Bob

This means that their is something active in the document. This may be
something as simple as a Date field that is set to update on opening or
possibly an AutoOpen macro running.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

news :
:
: Now I have another Word Document ; I open it to look at it and make no
: changes. When I close this Word Document it asks if I want to save the
: changes. There were no changes made to this Word Document, so why does it
ask
: about saving changes that were not made?
:
: Is there something I have to do to stop this from being asked? As always,
: your help will be appreciated. I tried looking for the answer in HELP
without
: success. Bob K
:
:

How do I get a true single space for address lines? pdillard Microsoft Word Help 2 March 8th 06 03:21 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Why does word close when I close a document? S Youzba Microsoft Word Help 5 December 28th 04 06:06 PM